Soc Hop for the Drive

Last Saturday evening, Benet Academy kicked off the Christmas Drive with the Soc Hop. This year’s theme was white out. There was music and dancing in the small gym, basketball in St. Ronald gymnasium and the Christmas favorite “Elf” was played in the cafeteria.

​With the ten-dollar entry fee and about 400-450 students in attendance, this activity raised around $4,000, for the children, of course. Some students were confused as to why there was no lock-in this year. Student Government president Max Tuttle answered this question in a statement he gave regarding the soc hop. He said, “The numbers for the lock in of the past were down, so we decided to go with a shorter, semi-lock in, with both dancing and open gym.” He also described the soc hop as a huge success, this was clear to all in attendance.

It is due to the excellent event planning of Student Government that large Christmas Drive events such as this one can take place. These festivities are some of the defining moments of the Christmas Drive and will be remembered for years to come. It is also important to remember that the reason for all this fun and celebration is for a greater cause and is therefore a celebration of the true meaning of Christmas.

The Herald would like to extend a special thank you to Student Government for hosting another wonderful soc hop and wish everyone a Merry Christmas Drive!