Party in the B.A.

imageBenet Academy not only has stellar academics and state qualifying sports but hosts fantastically fun dances. Benet students were welcomed back not only by their teachers but by Student Government with a sock hop. The back to school sock hop is one of the only dances that freshmen can go to their first year, making it all the more anticipated. The theme for the 2016 dance was ‘A Party in the U.S.A.’. What better way to ring in the presidential election and a new school year than decking out in red, white and blue while dancing to American pop anthems?

imageImmediately after this theme was released, some upperclassmen explained that the sock hop is one of the most fun events that Benet has to offer. Freshmen were told to expect loud music, lots of dancing and sore feet the next day. It did not disappoint! The dance started at 7:30 p.m. and by 8:00 p.m., the gym was full of excited students. Everyone was given an option to request music, which brought in a wide variety of song styles. Of course Miley Cyrus’s, “Party in the U.S.A.”, was a huge hit and had the students singing along. If anyone needed a break, they could step into the lobby, grab a water bottle and cool down before getting back on the dance floor.

imageThe music was upbeat and the students were one mass of dancing energy. To anyone who did not go, it is definitely recommended for next year! No one who went was disappointed, and the entire event was very positive. The dance ended at 10:00 p.m., which gives the right amount of time to dance without getting too tired. It did not matter if you were a freshman or a senior, everyone was enjoyed themselves. The sock hop was an awesome event and a fantastic way to be welcomed to Benet.