Benet Herald

Men of Benet Host Thanks-Give-It Drive

Ryan Flynn '19

This Thanksgiving week, the Men of Benet ran the third annual Thanks-Give-It food drive, for which students brought in canned, boxed, or bagged food items in exchange for an out of uniform day on the last day before Thanksgiving break. The Men of Benet is a faith based club that takes advice from religious staff and from each other to become better Catholics, and they run service events such as the Thanks-Give-It food drive. Matteo Caulfield, co-leader of the Men of Benet, helped organize and run the food drive along with the other members of the club. “Men of Benet is a service oriented club, and thus the Men of Benet wanted to extend our thankfulness for the food we are fortunate enough to have for the holidays and contribute to the community” Caulfield said of the drive. After all of the food was collected, the food went to the charity Humanitarian Service Project, where the food is going to be distributed to those in poverty in our area who lack adequate food. This year, over 2,200 non-perishable food items were collected from Benet Academy students! For Caulfield, “Seeing the pile of food items at the end, organized and everything, that’s my favorite part [of the drive]. Having a visual of what we are doing for our community is a rewarding thing.”