Benet’s Eucharistic Ministers: Experiencing Their Faith

Back to Article
Back to Article

The definition of the word “extraordinary” is “exceptional to a very marked extent.” There is no better way to describe this year’s Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist as this group goes above and beyond day-to-day. Over forty seniors have begun their journey as Eucharistic ministers by taking part in one of Benet’s greatest opportunities to grow more in their faith. As the Catholic community within Benet is fueled by an outstanding faculty, a variety of faith-based extracurriculars, and passionate students, it is no surprise that the group of Eucharistic Ministers plays a big role in student life at Benet. Not only do these individuals have the opportunity to experience their faith on a deeper level, but they are also able to share this experience with others through the gift of the Eucharist.

The position, offered exclusively to the senior class, involves commitment to the faith both inside and outside of school. The Eucharistic Ministers participate in Mass on Sundays as well as weekly in the Benet chapel. They observe the gift of the Eucharist as exemplary Catholics and embody the piety found in the spiritual community here at Benet. New this year to the procedures of the Eucharistic ministers is the distribution of solely the Eucharist and not the sacramental wine. The Eucharistic ministers serve at the all-school masses as well as in Benet activities.

If you are interested in ways to become more involved in Campus Ministry through the Sacraments, there are other opportunities to join. Contact Director of Campus Ministry, Mrs. Jackie Bedore, with any questions you may have. The faith program at Benet is defined by its high level of student participation, seen particularly in the Eucharistic minister program. Thank you to all who have become a part of this sacrament through Eucharistic ministry. You truly embody the Benedictine motto of balance in work and prayer.