3 Benet Seniors Recognized for Service

Every year twenty middle school and high school students are awarded the Naperville Youth Service Award to honor their service to the community and leadership skills. These students work with about twenty local charities who participate in this yearly award, and nominate students for it. This year, three Benet seniors, Jack Andringa, Clare Bumpus, and Matt Hatch, were recognized for the time and talents that they have given back to the community. They were all presented with the award by Naperville Mayor Chirico at a ceremony at the City Hall.
Jack Andringa received his award because of the work he has done with Dupage Pads, a local homeless shelter. As his Eagle Project, Andringa worked with Pads to organize a benefit concert and collection, which raised about $7,000.
Clare Bumpus was recognized for her work with KidsMatter. Bumpus has been involved with this organization for a while, as vice president of the Junior Board and volunteering at various events.
Matt Hatch received this award for his work with Young Hearts for Life. Hatch was on the Junior Board for three years and is co-president this year. He was also key in securing sponsors for various events run by the organization.
The Benet community is extremely proud of their work, achievements, and recognition. These students are not only examples of giving of their time and talents but are also examples for others to volunteer and make their community a little bit better.