Coming to You Live: Broadcasting Club in Full Swing

Are you aspiring to pursue a career in broadcasting, journalism, or any other form of communications? Do you want to gain experience behind a camera or working with technology? Do you want NHS hours? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then Broadcasting Club is the club for you.

Benet Academy is entering another year as the top high school in the country at broadcasting sporting events on High School Cube. Thousands of people from all around the world have tuned in to watch the broadcasts led by Benet’s Broadcasting Club. So far this season, the student-run operation, led by junior Jack McGrath, has broadcasted football and girls volleyball games. Later in the year, the club will be broadcasting boys and girls basketball, boys volleyball, baseball, and hockey.

Students can participate in five different roles in the broadcast: producer, assistant producer, camera operator, scoreboard operator, or announcer. “All of the positions are a lot of fun, and I suggest giving them all a try,” McGrath told the Benet Herald. These roles are available for all of the aforementioned sports, aside from announcing the football games, which is done by parent volunteers. However, McGrath and fellow junior Jacob Infante run a halftime recap show at every home game.

“I recommend joining Broadcasting Club because it is a great way to get involved in Benet sports, even if you’re not on the team.” McGrath said. “Also, if you have any interest in having a career in broadcasting, journalism, or television/radio production, then Broadcasting Club is a great way to practice, learn, and get experience in those areas or just see if you like doing them.”

Anyone interested in joining the Broadcasting Club can contact Jack McGrath.