Political Club: Brimming with Excitement

America had a big year politically, and so did Benet’s own Political Club! Designed by senior Cameron Rodriguez, this year’s Noel/Nagis sweatshirts were a huge success. So successful in fact, that they will be selling more of them in the spring around March, according to sophomore Matteo Caulfield! Also a success were the turnouts to the club’s meetings, on Friday mornings at 7:15 in Mr. Noel’s room, B301. Discussions can definitely get heated, but there are always donuts to calm everyone down.

An especially big day for a Political Club meeting was January 20, Election Day. The air in the room bristled with excitement and emotion as controversial topics such as the crises in Cuba and Aleppo were discussed, as well as remembering Obama’s tenure as it came to a close and looking ahead to Trump’s as it begins. Political club will be doing a lot of the latter this upcoming semester; after all, what is a better platform to debate than a new president? A lively and discussion-filled semester gleams on the horizon for Political Club, and its leaders hope that students will continue bringing their opinions and ideas to B301 every Friday morning. New faces, voices, and viewpoints are always welcome.